Hearts for Hearts was a project that came out of an event management course for my Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) program at Conestoga College.
The fundraiser was held at the Kitchener Market and raised over $650 in funds in support of the Grand River Hospital Foundation and future events held by IMC students. At the event, visitors young and old were encouraged to decorate paper hearts to be displayed at the Hospital, or to purchase packs of Valentine’s Day cards.
My role in the event included designing kid-friendly, custom Valentine’s Day cards that were packaged with ribbon in packs of 12 for $5. Below are samples of those cards.
Along with planning digital media strategies, my team executed a very successful social media campaign on Twitter (#HeartsforHearts) and Facebook. During the four day marketing campaign, our team’s targeted tweeting and promotional efforts resulted in:
- Over 80,000 impressions and 36 retweets on Twitter, including re-tweets by influential accounts like the City of Kitchener and Mayor Berry Vrbanovic
- Feature in Erb&Erb’s Helping Hands in the Waterloo Regional Record
- Over $650 in raised funds
- Kitchener Mayor, Berry Vrbanovic, making an appearance at our fundraiser and tweeting about our event
Planning a fundraiser helped me develop the following skills:
- Strategic planning
- Design (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator)
- Customer Service